Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Toad tonight, Road tomorrow

The night before I started recording my solo album, wandering off into the expansive, lonely wilderness without my friends, I serendipitously watched "Into the Wild." It was not planned, but it hit home and made me relate in a cheesy fashion. Before this tour? "The Perfect Storm." Again, seemingly apt, considering that there's a lot of teary goodbyes before the ragtag group of misfits hits the open sea (or road, in our case). However, considering the ending, hopefully it's not a harbinger. Then again, the end of my recording process wasn't at all like the end of "Into the Wild." So I think we can write our own ending to these stories.

Last Toad Tuesday tonight. I'm pretty pumped because I think it's going to be pretty darn wild. Lots of good times, lots of good friends. I want to start early, and stay late, and make sure we soak up as much time with the important folks as possible before we hit the road. I know it's not a long tour, but this is our LAST local show until our CD release on November 6 at the Middle East Downstairs (speaking of, tickets just went on sale and the first 50 people to pick them up get a special prize -- I mean it. So, I just want to enjoy this one.

Here's where we're headed, starting with a stopover in Buffalo, NY tomorrow. And since I got a new phone yesterday, you can follow this whole shebang on TWITTER -- whoo!

9/24 Javier's, Cincinnati, OH (Midpoint Music Festival)
9/25 Brand X taping @ Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
9/25 Al's Bar, Lexington, KY
9/26 Barley's Taproom, Knoxville, TN (w/ The Tenderhooks)
9/28 Hi-Tone, Memphis, TN (w/ The Tenderhooks)
9/29 WDVX Blue Plate Special (radio taping), Knoxville, TN
9/30 The Pinhook, Chapel Hill, NC (w/ The Tenderhooks)
10/1 The Milestone, Charlotte, NC (w/ The Tenderhooks)
10/4 Velvet Lounge, Washington, DC
10/6 Khyber Pass, Philadelphia, PA
10/7 Pete's Candy Store, Brooklyn, NY
10/8 The Oasis, New London, CT
10/9 The Dive Bar, Worcester, MA

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Fritz said...

have an rockin' tour, broskies!

24 September, 2009 16:27  
Anonymous Fritz said...

ooops! i wrote "an awesome tour" then changed it to "rockin". anyway, you know what im sayin....know what i mean. safe travels!

24 September, 2009 16:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[pretty pumped, pretty cool, pretty good, pretty darn wild]

25 September, 2009 12:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home