Thursday, November 20, 2008

Won over by Worcester?

I'm feeling good. Since last we spoke, the Mavs haven't lost. I'll take a three-game winning streak. I also have hardly slept -- not that that makes me feel good, but just an added detail. It's been a busy week at work, probably my busiest ever. As a reward, I don't have to go in tomorrow. So I'm meeting with local strongman Todd Thibaud to start some production stuff. Anyhow, finally, what IS making me feel good is the show last night.

A pertinent question: When will we admit that Worcester can be pretty dang fun? We always complain about it, and wonder about its bizarre statue of a man/boy having sex with a seaturtle, and yet we are now on a roll there. We're like the Mavs, as of late. OK, so we have had a couple clunkers there over the last couple years. So what? Our last two shows have been two of the most fun I can remember. As you may recall, we had the time of our lives at WPI in October. And last night, we played a tiny bar gig at The Dive Bar, and it was such fun, and the people were so nice, and there were steak and cheeses all night (though I didn't partake), that it very well may become a regular gig. And why not? I'd love to go back to Worcester more. There, I said it. Happy now?

And hey, it couldn't hurt to build up there a bit.
SET 1 (from memory, I'll need some help from the other guys on this): There's a Reason / The Nadir / Madeline / The Devil's Arms / Someday Darling / Six Hours / Golden Fleece / Research Blvd / Carolyn, Don't Leave Like This / St. Anthony / Marie / You'll Be Crying Soon / On the Lam / I Come From the Water / Whitewashed
SET 2: A Hard Rain / Debts / Lights On / Don't Get Me Wrong / Cedar / Shotgun Wedding / Shine a Light

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home