Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote

At this point, you know where this group of guys lies ideologically. But I've made my pitch, and you've probably heard someone saying the exact same things on the other side. Make a choice. Please vote today.

Ah, to make a difference! I still have yet to have that luxury: After being a small splotch of blue in a big red sea in Texas, I'm now just another speck of blue in the deep blue ocean of Massachusetts. Either way, the state was going in a certain direction, and my vote didn't have a reasonable chance of really affecting that. But even so, it feels right to be involved.

I'm shocked when I hear people say in some snarky manner "no thanks" to voting. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to be involved in this process -- it doesn't take much and while it may not feel like you're making a huge difference (something we three former Texans/now Massachusetts folk can relate to, as I said), the last few years have proved quite the opposite.

So get out there, even if takes you awhile. You won't regret it.

In other, musical news, Ryan's Smashing Life has a post on the Jesse Malin show, going down on Thursday.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home