Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cassavettes: the right choice for your American weekend

My fellow Americans,
Years ago, I jokingly started a political action committee to elect myself president. This group, started in the fledgling Facebook days, included my best buddy Tim Coughlin as my running mate and counted Jose Juan Barea (now PG for my Dallas Mavericks, one-time Northeastern star) as a supporter -- I kid you not, TIM COUGHLIN. And yes, if you're wondering, amazingly I garnered one write-in vote in the 2004 election (no, it wasn't mine). Somewhere the physical evidence of that exists. The point is...

America put its muscle in the voting booths yesterday, drawing record turnouts. You've got to feel good about that, no matter where you lie on the ideological spectrum. That being said, let's put politics aside for a brief moment and talk about some big shows Cassavettes will be playing this weekend...

Tomorrow, Thursday, we will be playing in support of Jesse Malin, a member of legendary NYC punks D Generation and a buddy of Ryan Adams (who produced his solo effort). The show will be at TT the Bear's (10 Brookline St., Cambridge -- off the Central Square red line T), it costs $10. Tickets here.

This Friday, we will be back in Brooklyn at Pete's Candy Store (709 Lorimer Street, Williamsburg), a great little bar with good drinks and tasty sandwiches. Also, the stage, while tight, is quite cool. We play at 10 p.m. and, best of all, it's FREE. I think all Americans can get behind that.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger literating said...

See you guys Friday!

05 November, 2008 12:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home