Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fearing the future (or seeing into it)

I've been having weird ESP lately. I'm just calling stuff a couple minutes or days before they happen. Hopefully, it's not adding up to something TERRIBLE! For instance, when I was in Texas last weekend, I predicted a few things: my sister's arrival (by less than a minute) and a story about the National Enquirer. But not long after I published my last post about the "fake mavericks" John McCain and Sarah Palin, this video came out (just one hour later, if you go by the time stamps)! Turns out, I'm not the only one offended by the right stealing the word maverick for their political agenda. Real "original mavericks," like Tom LaGarde, a center on the original Mavericks expansion team, are angry, too. Even if he never really gets too angry (or angry at all) about it. He's more jokey, or passive aggressive.

Anyhow, back to the band (and not politics and basketball), remind me later: I need to update you on our private show last week for our good friend Kevin shipping off to Iraq. It was a good time with a faux guitar solo by the big guy himself! But now I do not have the time. Either way, I just found the set list...
SET LIST: Lights On / Madeline / Carolyn, Don't Leave Like This / Debts / On the Lam / There's a Reason / Don't Get Me Wrong / LONG BREAK FOR PHOTO OPS, NOT OUR DECISION / Shotgun Wedding / I Come From the Water / Shine A Light (feat. KO)

Tomorrow, we head for Dewey Beach, DE, a place that always ensures a good time. Except that the last time we were there, I got shingles. But let's not think about that now. We don't want my ESP kicking in.

OK, one more time...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous scott said...

i predicted (silently, in my head) that it would rain at dewey beach this time around and now i think i'm right. also possibly in VA. we should both predict we will all have a good time regardless just to be on the safe side.

24 September, 2008 12:55  
Anonymous rob said...

you were in texas? you bastard. - rob

25 September, 2008 09:49  
Anonymous glenn said...

i was in the hill country, rob. not dallas. calm down. youre being very un-dude.

30 September, 2008 09:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home