Monday, July 07, 2008

Six flags, four fools, three years of fun



It went...OK. That is to say, it was a lot of fun but there are definitely hangups as I reflect on our three-year anniversary at the Paradise... planning it on Independence Day weekend, for one. We could have done so much better if we'd taken July 12 like the club suggested, but in keeping with tradition, I foolishly didn't take. Well, next year, rest assured: I'm shooting for the second weekend in July.

We did have a great lineup of both friends and bands I love, plus since Kier made an all-star appearance onstage (after he said he wouldn't), it made the camaraderie complete. The draw wasn't great for any of us, but we met the club's payment and still made out ourselves. Plus, the crowd who was there was feeling it. Am I right?






Generally, it went like this: We walked on to a cheoreographed lights-off-play-"Moscow" deal; we immediately pulled a few folks up onstage and kept doing so throughout the set; I got security to back off after they removed Rob; Bruce ripped my shirt open in front of a room full of folks as pay back of sorts; Chris brought us a birthday cake; many people apparently thought it was Scott's birthday; Dave Hourihan came onstage and did a funny dance, though I couldn't hug him and play guitar at the same time; Kier just showed up to play piano; we forewent playing at times for partying; we did a three-song encore for the first time; we packed the stage with as many people as could fit during "Alright." Pretty good times.



Lots of laughs. And since we were having so much fun, occasionally, I bet, we didn't sound great. But if the spectacle trumps performance, then all's well that ends well, right? And it surely was a spectacle.







SET LIST: Carolyn, Don't Leave Like This / Ordinary Girls (debut) / Madeline / Golden Fleece / Don't Get Me Wrong / Debts / Trouble From the Start / Lights On (debut) / On the Lam / Shotgun Wedding / I Come From the Water / Shine A Light
Encore: The Nadir / Marie / It's Gonna Be Alright

Check out Sooz's photos.







Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS.

i'm marking my calendar for next year as we speak.

--Caitlin

07 July, 2008 10:43  
Blogger Claire said...

GREAT SHOW!!

10 July, 2008 09:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home