Sunday, January 20, 2008

In Rod we trust




Friday was the first truly great night of the new year. Just what we needed after a lackluster New Year's Eve show.

For the second straight year, we played Rodfest -- now in its sixth year. I can tell you with relative certainty that the three best shows we played in 2007 were the Kings of Leon show, our two-year anniversary, and, yes, Rodfest. It's a great time, a celebration of life, and the Paradise gets packed fast. Again, it sold out.

Last year, while I had a lot of fun, it got to be a bit of a bummer because I was in a fight and just generally not in a great mood by the end of the night. This year, we knew all the other bands a lot more, so we felt more involved, and we had a sweet time, beginning to end. If anything, I feel like I went on stage too much, after refusing to do so last year. Hey, I was partying. It was pretty much flawless, as far as party night go. See Sooz's photos here.





SET LIST: Carolyn, Don't Leave Like This / On the Lam / You'll Be Crying Soon / Golden Fleece / Madeline (debut) / Loose Lips / Shotgun Wedding / I Come From the Water / Shine a Light

Last night, a group of us drove down to Hartford, Ct., to see Mike fill in on guitar for Three Day Threshold. The boy was nervous, having been literally thrown into this, but he swam for sure. No sinking. It was a good show; the band sounded good, people were dancing. The only bummer of the night was that my car nearly got towed, Kier had to pay off the tow company, and they ended up ripping off my spare tire cover. I'm not really interested in re-telling the whole sordid affair, but needless to say, we made it home albeit quite angry and perplexed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home