Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Shouldering

Scott really must have been going crazy on Sunday. The bloggers are loving his stage moves -- even if they aren't loving the band's music.

There is not much to say about the Boston based Cassavettes. They play pretty formulaic mountain guitar rock. I will give the bass player credit for bringing punk rock sensibilities to the performance even if their music did not warrant that kind of enthusiasm. He definitely gets points for trying.


That's this dude's opinion (although both of the blogs of the show spend more time fawning over Office's keyboardist/cow bell playing girl than critiquing their music, which is really too bad. They're a good band, from what I saw, and perhaps a music critic can see that if they listen, too). The last review was actually a mix between good and bad, so I don't know what to think, so I just won't think at all. We're leaving on a tour soon, a dude from WOXY named us one of the top three showcases at MPMF last week (which is awesome), so I've got positive thoughts in my head.

Finally, due credit to local songwriter Brian Bergeron, who I grabbed a pizza with last week. He's starting his own blog up, inspired by the Fickle Mistress, and he's doing a bang-up job. Here's his account:
The reason I have started this blog is because of the quality of blog by a recently made friend of mine: Glenn Yoder of the local band Casavettes (his blog can be found Here . He writes his blog in order to catalogue his band's history as well as to provide a service to anyone (ahem...someone like me) who would be interested in seeing an independent band be built from the ground up. For me, after all the trials and tribulations that I have dealt with in the last four years and those I continue to deal with, I need something like that now more than ever. It will serve as a way for me to organize my thoughts and hopefully, (fingers crossed) an avenue in which others can read and chime in with their opinions, criticisms, etc.

Check him out at the Paradise, opening up for none other than Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers. Bravo, Brian.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home