Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shipping out

You know, it's strange. I was a lot more nervous about the night we were leaving for Leg 1 than I am on the eve of Leg 2. Maybe Leg 1 calmed my nerves, and it was so great that I believe Leg 2 can be no worse. Realistically, it probably won't be as good, in fact far different, and we'll probably at times wish we were home (a lot more since this tour is a lot longer). Or maybe it's the fact that we are just driving four hours south to New York City for the first show which we've done countless times before, rather than 10 hours east into a vast expanse we'd never penetrated (this also means we don't have to wake up at 5 a.m. again). Either way, for now, I'm calm. I just have to pack up and go.

I'm trying to figure out a way to use Bluetooth to get wireless Internet in the van. I've researched, and I'm ready to try. If so, not only can I keep up with this blog, but we can do a lot more to promote and stay in touch with those in the cities to which we're headed. I also bought a few supplies for the road this morning, so I feel like we're prepared. Plus, TD thankfully did my laundry for me (what a relief). There's still work to be done, but it will get done. But first, for our last night in town, we're going out for drinks with a couple friends.

In the odd item of the day, Hillary Clinton stopped by the office today. I looked up and saw a swarm of people around her, just roughly 20-30 feet away. At first, I stayed put and observed, and then I decided I'd regret it if I didn't go over and meet her. Just my luck, as I got up to her, the crowd broke and she was ushered away. Still, it's exciting, I suppose, even if she's not my top choice right now among the Democrats.

Finally, to end on a positive, band-oriented note, we got yet another blog write up about our show on Sunday, this time in TownOnline (the TAB company). Enough preamble:

Surprisingly, it was a good show and well worth the trip to Allston. Local band Casavettes (mind the extra “t” since deleting it turns them into a band from Georgia).

Cassavettes was impressive, with their free-wheelin bassist (who liked to roam around stage and on the floor), the guitarist who took on triple duty with the keyboards and harmonica, and the ridiculously thin Coyote Scott Jones singing the band’s more poignant songs.


I believe the writer is the same one who said he wanted to beat up Mike in the 52shows post. If so, this time, he's fairly more restrained and complimentary to boot, even if he gets Mike and "the ridiculously thin Coyote Scott Jones" mixed up, it seems, and misspells our name by leaving out the extra "s" after noting the extra "t." That's fine by me. Our name lends itself to misspellings and mispronunciations. That's just the way it is.

I hope to write soon, and I'll try to keep up with pictures as much as possible. In the meantime, take care of yourselves.

Love, Glenn & Cassavettes

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

Why don't you just research where all of the public libraries are in the towns you go to?

A lot of public libraries have wi-fi, possibly for free, that you could leech off of.

10 October, 2007 21:18  
Anonymous g said...

not a bad idea, CB. you may have earned your keep yet.

11 October, 2007 07:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home