Saturday, August 04, 2007

Paint us on a billboard

One of the things that impressed me the most, and made me the proudest, was when our buddies Black Tie Dynasty got their faces plastered on a billboard in downtown Dallas. They got to the BILLBOARD stage. Crazy, man. I can't imagine a picture of me being blown up that big. Anyhow, while it's not the same kind of billboard, the music ranking Billboard has posted an online review of our show from last week! Nice things said about Matt, plus really good pictures of the group -- particularly the one of Mike.

After waiting an hour over the scheduled start time, the opening band finally took the stage – Cassavettes. Although their vocals were sometimes drowned out by the volume of their instruments (which may be skewed by the fact that my ears were about half an inch away from the speakers), this Boston alt-country quartet put on a lively show. There were a couple slower, more country-sounding songs in their set, but most of the music was upbeat with more of a rock edge. The drummer, decked out in a cowboy hat, was one of the most energetic drummers I have ever seen, and two of the guitarists traded lead vocal responsibilities throughout their set. I really liked the band’s sound, and I’ll hopefully be seeing them live again in the near future.


Anyhow, Mike and I went to record some guitars on the demos we've been laying down. I'm pumped up about them. They sound pretty cool right now and will make for a nice sample of the new tunes when they're done. I go back on Monday to wrap my guitar.

Scott is still in Texas so instead of regular band practice, Mike and I jammed on Thursday and probably will do so again tomorrow. I went to the Baseball Tavern last night again, and just in hanging, I inquired about a need for doing sound. I've had some interest in it for awhile now, but didn't know where to start. Considering Martin is a really cool, laid back guy, I figure he'll be a good boss and trainer. So, cool. New job. Not to replace my journalistic tendencies. Or my musical aspirations to be on a billboard.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EstidaNat [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-codeine-no-prescription-online]Buy Codeine no prescription online[/url] [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Buspar-online.aspx]Order cheap Buspar online[/url]

18 December, 2009 05:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home