Thursday, May 03, 2007

New digs

My computer access has been limited severely lately by a move, but I just couldn't leave that last post without an update a second longer.

Things are looking up. I now live in Somerville, I just had to drive a Penske truck from Virginia to get there. Good times, lots of lifting. En route the soundtrack basically consisted of Willie Nelson, Los Lobos, Highwaymen, some scratched-up Dylan basement tapes CD, a 3-song demo of "Love, Prison and Trucks," Duffer, and more Willie Nelson. Plus, a sample of Willy Mason, which wasn't awful. Plus, I spent some quality time with the family, which is a big bonus. And I got to see the sprawling beauty of Secaucus, N.J. from a hotel room (which I dreamt was on the moon last night. Cool, eh?). I still have yet to get a proper night's sleep in a week, despite not having school (though I did get 3 As and an A- for the last semester).

Also, adding to the joy of the moment (read: of the moment), the Mavericks escaped catastrophe with an improbable (God, I hate saying that) Game 5 win. It just took a superhuman performance from Dirk, but hey, I'll take it. They play tonight and oddly enough, the odds are stacked against them. Bill Simmons is predicting their demise, due to fan support in Oakland. Whatever. I wouldn't be happy with a loss tonight, but I'd be less disappointed than a loss in Game 5 at home, and with only one win. Perhaps I've come to grips with the Mavs slips (boo ya), or maybe I'm just hoping that they remembered how to win. Plus, I read somewhere that said perhaps the Mavericks were meant to open the playoffs the same way they opened the regular season, with four terrible games. Well, we all know how that went. 67-11 the rest of the way. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm driving the big truck over to Jamaica Plain soon to check out if I want a real piano, found for free of Craigslist. It's a great resource from free pianos, since people simply don't want to move them a lot of the time. Hopefully this works out, but I somehow doubt it will.

After that, it's band practice. I doubt we'll do much new stuff tonight, but rather just focus on getting our heads in the game for Saturday's show in NYC. Should be cool!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's the 'ville treating you so far?

-your new neighbor

04 May, 2007 06:21  
Anonymous glenn said...

we're loving it. the neighborhood, the house, everything. just not there enough, still need to move in.

the mavs lost by the way. let the blame game begin. too bad. what a wasted special season. im not incredibly upset. ive had a couple weeks to deal with the concept of losing in such a fashion. it's embarrassing, but it happened.

04 May, 2007 08:20  
Anonymous scott said...

we are all loving somerville and our new place. i must say. i for one could not be happier. see you soon, i gotta try this broken yolk i hear so much about. breakfast rules, man.

04 May, 2007 22:22  
Anonymous fritz said...

its awesome how you can fit so many people in your new living room with the comfy couches! let's do steak tips & simpsons night again soon :)

07 May, 2007 13:18  
Anonymous glenn said...

as a clarification for what fritz has written, we have NOT had a moving-in party. what he refers to was a lowkey dinner of steaks that had to be cooked. i dont want anyone feeling left out as a result. when we do have a move-in BBQ, you'll know. still buds?

07 May, 2007 15:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home