Friday, April 06, 2007

Front page news

A few months back, I wrote that Indie In-Tune Magazine was preparing a feature on us. I guess they wrapped it up, and now it appears we're the cover of the magazine (Permalink here). Pretty cool pictures, including the one of Matt, Mike, and Julie backstage. I'm amused!

Decent practice last night. We're trying to put our most "single-worthy" material into a set for this event on Saturday, since the judges apparently look for single potential. I'm thinking criteria for singles is catchy hook, relatively short in length, and could be heard on radio. The obvious choices, in my opinion, are "Carolyn, Don't Leave Like This," "We Could Be Solo Acts," "Research Blvd.," "Debts," "It's Gonna Be Alright," and "On The Lam." What's missing? Any suggestions? Amongst new tunes, it'd probably be good to do "Loose Lips" and "Shotgun Wedding," though just now I'm actually thinking the soon-to-be-retitled rollicker "It's Gonna Take Time" (too close to another song's title) would be worthy, but we've never played it live. Too risky? Who knows?

Anyhow, I'm looking to leave for NYC early on Saturday -- I think we still have three cars (Matt's, Julie's, and Fritz's, unless something has changed, or Matt has ruled his too unsafe to drive after yesterday's incident). Does anyone else want to caravan? It'd be good to have a nice crew there.

Finally, we will not go to Toronto in June. I didn't realize we can't anyway. And word is that Miller (the beer company) may sponsor an afterparty (I also need to find a venue for the afterparty, I believe) for our two-year anniversary show. I just need to make sure it's not 21+, since we'll be having some youngins up from Texas. But we're talking about it. Could be cool!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous mel said...

for great taste there's no debate.

06 April, 2007 17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home