Monday, February 19, 2007

I knew it!

Ever since I heard that new Guster song (a band I've never had much of a taste for, nor knew well enough to voice my taste of) "Satellite," I've been going crazy swearing that they stole that keyboard part from someone else. Scott even said the keyboard part was the only good part of the song. Then, it finally hit me today! Listen to Guster's tune and then listen to Sondre Lerche's "Two Way Monologue." Right after Sondre completes the chorus, he plays a keyboard part that is EXACTLY the same, except his goes down a step -- probably because he's more creative. I'm glad I finally solved this mystery.

Today is a resting day for most everyone. Not me. While school was canceled, I'm writing a column and working on some stuff for Boston.com. Later tonight we'll do a band practice, though I'm pretty pumped about that. We had one last night and started officially working on our cover of The Who's "You Better, You Bet" for next month's Pete Townshend SXSW party. It actually sounded surprisingly better than expected. So, I'm pumped to give it another go and keep working on tunes. I'm still feeling the music. Big time.

The good news is I caught buddy Jake Brennan at the show the other night and we discussed some biz today. I'm asking him for some advice on how to move the band along in the next phase of the group. Hopefully the boyo pulls though. My guess is that he will.

OK, Yoder, back to work.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger prof_matson said...

"Sattelite" is one of those annoying catchy tunes that I embarassingly sing along in the car and then it runs through my head the rest of the day. Can't wait for its air time to fade.

19 February, 2007 15:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home