Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today's ramblings

Kill them with kindness: a new promotional technique. But luring more people out to shows takes hard work -- people are busy, people don't have money to check out relative unknowns, etc. But still, we've got our old standbys (pray they never leave us) and we're constantly working for more. That's my mission for Dec. 9.

I've been considering a project for awhile that would just be done in my spare time. Essentially, it would be collaborations with friends, akin to the one MK and I did posted here. Anyhow, it would just be for fun and to see what happens. But apparently, I'm not the only one thinking duet. Read this nice Slate piece.

In other news, one of my favorite songwriters, the stalwart Ron Sexsmith, has signed to Kiefer Sutherland's record label. This is a guy who Paste named one of the 100 greatest living songwriters. The Globe's Joan Anderman gets the sentiment right in this post on the oft-entertaining experiment, the Sound Effects blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home