Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pick me up, babysnakes

Everything's coming together nicely over the weekend. Mike celebrated his 22nd birthday by heading to his native New York City, but we all caught a drink together Friday night after a few of us saw "The Departed." I tell you, man, I liked it. But I got some questions still...

Anyhow, the big news is that we booked a HUGE show this weekend. Our biggest yet. But we are not going to announce until after our CD release show, so that we don't draw away from our own show. I'm really excited though. Maybe we'll announce this show ONSTAGE at the CD release. Speaking of the release, I made the invite today and already a good number have responded. I've got really high hopes for a sell out. In case, I didn't mention earlier, Matt Besser opted to do a show at Great Scott and we filled the entire bill ourselves: Christians & Lions, Mittens, and Hats & Glasses. It should be AWESOME. For the record, Andrew WK never got back to me, nor did 123 Party. Oh well, their loss, I suppose.

Also, our old pal Shred, who is a DJ over at WBCN 104.1 and does the local show Boston Emissions, invited us on to promote the CD release. We'll be playing live, the full band, at 10 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 3. Our goal is to fill that entire week with stuff to promote the show. We've got Dec. 2, 3, 5, and 6 filled thus far. We'll need to nail down a couple others. I'm trying to get us on Fox's early show; I'm going to call over there tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm going to see Dylan with Tara. I was listening to "Modern Times" this morning and I noticed for the first time that he namechecks Alicia Keys. WHAT? I pointed this out to Chris, who directed me here. Man, Chris is good for a lot. But what does it feel like to be Alicia Keys now? Holy shit, the most famous songwriter in history is writing songs about you. Yeah, holy shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home